Monday, February 24, 2020

Filming Blog: Makeup, Props, and The First Scene

    While filming Saturday my group and I met together around 4 o’clock in the afternoon. As soon as everyone was together, we started heading to the store. Props were needed for the ghost and to decorate around the haunted house. The first stop was Party city. We searched Party City to try and find fake blood and wax for the scar, but there was none. Since Halloween already passed they were not selling those types of products. Next, we went to Walmart. Walmart also did not have any fake blood or scar wax. We did find a Frisbee that we would be using in the film instead of a ball. Later, I practiced the makeup for the scars on the entities face. Since we could not find fake blood or scar wax, Anyeska and I decided to buy items to make it ourselves. Lesly is playing the ghost, so I made fake cuts and a bullet wound with scar wax. I also put fake blood in the wounds to make it look realistic. I made the scar wax with flour and Vaseline. I made fake blood with corn syrup, food dye, and cornstarch. It looked pretty realistic. The makeup I brought helped make it look even more real because I blended blue, red, and black to make his skin look as if it was bruising on the outside of the scar. Black was used on his eyes to create under bags and on his mouth for just a scarier look. It was already dark outside because we went to two different stores and the makeup on Lesly took a while, so we decided to film all of our inside scenes. This is one of the shortest scenes because we are eating and then Britania’s character realizes she dropped her phone in the haunted house. This scene took about fifty shots because we kept messing up and laughing, but after we got it that was it for Saturday. Below is a picture of Lesly’s makeup.


No comments:

Post a Comment