Sunday, January 26, 2020

Past Genre Research Blog

    At the beginning of my AICE Media Studies course, my teacher assigned my group mates and I a genre project, shown above. A list of movie genres such as Horror, Musical, Action, and Comedy was randomized and handed out to each group. Evidently, my group was assigned with the genre Comedy. Including myself, there were four people within my group. We were tasked with researching the norms and conventions of Comedy: common sounds, lighting, movements, angles, and mis-en-scene. Additionally, we inserted picture examples of comedic films, naming some elements of comedy and breaking down the elements which we liked and disliked. This project familiarized us with the filming techniques of the Comedy genre. If we were to do a Comedy film for our final task, we would have an advantage being that we already have background research and knowledge surrounding the genre.











No comments:

Post a Comment