Friday, January 17, 2020

Starting The Final Task

    Hi. My name is Jazmin. I am 16 years old and I am a junior in high school. I am Puerto Rican and enjoy my culture and music. I love to sing, dance, and want to act when I am older. I like going to the pool and making music. When U grow up I want to have a singing career. I’ve watched scary movies since I was really little and have always enjoyed the thrill of my heart beating out of my chest. For example I used to watch Crypt Keeper, Day of the Dead, The Shining and many more. My two favorite childhood movies are Coraline and Monster House. I have a great time watching movies with friends and family. Also, my sister went to the same high school as me and she took AICE Media. She let me be in videos with her and I really enjoyed this. This is partly the reason why I wanted to join this class. I also love being able to work with my friend and group mates Anyeska, Lesly, and Britania. Every time we work together we create something amazing.

    First, I would like to address that my editing skills have progressed substantially. In the beginning, I could only trim videos and cut out the extra parts. Now I can detach audio, add transitions, special effects, and more. I also have worked on my camera angles. Since I am short, I am not able to do high angles without a Tripod. While filming I have discovered that I can just picture a scene in my head and know what angles will look best. I can tell which angles will cause suspense or the emotion we want for that scene. I am excited to be able to film in many different locations. I also look forward to creating the creepy look for the ghost with makeup and prosthetics. The other two films we created were happy and funny, but our last will scare you and leave you questioning.

    A pitch is a Hollywood term to describe where a film is encapsulated in 25 words or less. Usually one or two sentences. Our first pitch idea is about the zombie apocalypse taking over the world. It will follows four friends and their lost hope of humanity. Our second pitch is about a serial killer who stalks three girls having a sleepover. He’s close and they won’t realize until it’s too late. The third pitch we came up with is about a haunted house and it’s possessive entities. Three girls make the wrong decision to enter a haunted house and one of them is attached to a dark figure.
   











This picture is of Lesly, Britania, and I working on our second blog.



This is a picture of myself working on the first blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment