Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Music Video Film And CCR

Below, I attached the music video in Google Slides and the CCR. This was the second film I did in AICE Media Studies. This was the second hardest film. It was also the second most fun one. I genuinely enjoyed filming this video because of the dancing and props. One disadvantage my group and I had was getting the film to match up with the audio of the music. The second disadvantage was the editing process. There were a couple of scenes that were short, so the frames stopped working. My favorite part was the matching transitions. We came up with a bunch of those. Even though we matched the lyrics to our actions. The ending was also very fun and was only shot once. However, it was difficult to find props to help portray the lyrics and costumes. I decided to organize it. Anyeska used items she had at her home for props and bought matching sunglasses for all the character's costumes, except for a "birthday suit" for one of Lesly's scenes. For this project, I taught everyone a simple dance and that is the one we did. I didn't want to have the same dance as the original. We filmed at Anyeska's house. This film had a ton some retakes throughout the two days of meeting up, because of mistakes in acting or when creating the transitions. To end with, this was a fun music video to film and really let us get creative.



     My product uses conventions such as a mixture style, which is a combination of narrative and performance. Although we are dancing in front of the camera we also are telling a story about someone being lazy and not wanting to leave the house. We also use popular camera angles used in many other music videos such as wide, mid, and over the shoulder shots. Props are also used such as in other music videos (confetti and signs with “no”). Some ways we challenge conventions is  lighting from Mis-En-Scene, most music videos you see have a lot of colors or special effects. We did not add any special effects and our music video was not colorful at all. If anything the audience may have gotten a sad feeling at first because the lightning is quite dull, but when the music starts playing and we dance the tone immediately changes. Another way we challenged conventions was by not adding any sound or background noise to the music video. We did not want to distract the audiences with other noises. We want them to pay attention to the storyline and what is happening. Editing we used that is also different from most music videos is adding the lyrics at the bottom. Our video was filmed in a house, so this gives the audience  a safe, happy feel; unlike other music videos that have many different locations that do not correlate with each other.Our music video represents many social groups some are introverts, lazy people, and those who just simply do not want to leave the house sometimes. This song applies to all age groups and all races. Everyone has had a day where they did not want to leave their house. Depending on how you look at the video some issues you may think are being addressed are people with social anxiety who do not like to leave their house due to their illness or people who do not like to talk or communicate with others. Although, the song was targeted to those who are lazy and just do not want to do anything that day. Hence why most of the lyrics talk about staying home, not answering phone calls, and not doing anything.

    My product engages with the audience by being relatable and having an upbeat sound. Putting the lyrics underneath the scenes of the videos allows the audience to participate and be more engaged. Since we are dancing in the video this encourages others to get up and dance with us. People might also find humor in our video such as the scene where Lesly is calling me and the name on my phone says missed call from “Crackhead Les Les”. My product in this film can be disturbed in many ways as a real media text. The distribution of this product will go through platforms such as YouTube ,Facebook, and sites like  Instagram. These sites are widely used platforms, by all ages and reach millions of people. People create parodies and remakes on YouTube just like we did on our music video. We would advertise our video on instagram, so that way people could find it and share with others.

    My production skills developed enormously throughout this project. One of the biggest skills I learned was how to film camera angles. Last time we depended on the tripod a lot, but while filming our music video we hand held the camera in most of the scenes besides all of the dance scenes. This helped me become a better filmmaker.  I also learned to be more coordinated and focused. I was able to tell what camera angles looked best for the particular scene we were shooting. I also gave some sense of direction to the dancing scenes. My editing did get better, by Lesly explaining to me what they did while I was gone and him showing me the different techniques they used before the film was turned in.

    My project involved a lot of integrating software, hardware, and online. I used software which was the editing program, Pinnacle Studios. Pinnacle Studios was used to edit and create the film. I used hardware, which was the camera to record the scenes that are shown throughout the film. The camera was provided by the school. Lastly, I used online, which is a part of the editing program. It was used to retrieve the song and email communication to export all the footage for download.


No comments:

Post a Comment