Thursday, November 7, 2019

Editing Part 2

    Last class we were able to actually start editing. After dealing with all of the frustration of the computers not working and not being able to concentrate. We finally were able to begin. Pinnacle Studios worked. We got into class, sat down, and waited for further instructions. The teacher told the left side of the room that we would be working first with the computers. As I stood up to get the computers, I then grabbed number 13. Opening the computer, I logged in and proceeded to go to google. I went in my google drive and put all the videos I dumped in there into Pinnacle studios. It took some time for the videos to load, but we were advised to wait. 
    We didn’t need the computer to crash. So we waited. After about a minute or so the videos loaded. I began to choose from the scenes we were going to use. The scenes that were the best. I started to take each clip and cut the parts that were not needed from the scene. These were parts of the scene where we either talked, it was silent, or it just didn’t make sense. We also knew that we could not exceed a 30 second time limit. So we kept that in mind as well. Using the scissors icon we cut and deleted or just simply right clicked. Then pressed “cut”. 
    After shortening the scenes and taking what we didn’t need out. I then sped up two scenes because we didn’t want to cut it out and it just looked better sped up. So we clicked speed and then chose 140% for both scenes. Music in the background was definitely needed, so I detached the audio from each clip. That way there is silence and the music we input will not be bothered with another sound. For our commercial we wanted to say, “run, skate, jump, and be yourself in Vans.” “Vans off the wall”. So I added our voice over. I chopped up the voice over because specific words are being used for certain scenes. I raised the audio because you couldn’t hear it that well. I also raised the audio for one scene where Lesly says, “I can’t do anything in these”. This made the audio much clearer. The next class was a PSD day, so we didn’t have as much time to continue editing as we did last class. We are pretty much done, so we just added in the music and logo in the end of the commercial.

No comments:

Post a Comment