Thursday, November 14, 2019

Intro to new project

I recently finished my commercial project and now my group and I will be working on a music video project. I felt like my commercial project went well but could have went better. This is mainly because there were story boarding inconsistencies in the commercial. Some of the scenes we filmed did not match the story board we planned. Even though the commercial did not go as planned, I was taught many things. One thing i learned was how to work with other group mates creating a film. Another thing I learned was how to do many camera movements such as pans, tilts, and tracking shots. I also learned first-hand how to edit my films to make the end result crisp and interesting. I will integrate the different techniques I learned from the commercial project into my music video project to help it become more interesting than my previous project.

The song my group and I chose was "The Lazy Song", by Bruno Mars. It will be a clean version of the song so it is school appropriate. I recommended this song to my group and they all agreed. We will start from 1:57 into the music video and end at 3:03. This is because the minimum is 1:05 seconds and the maximum is 1:15 seconds. One good thing about this song is that it has lyrics that are easy to act out. This limits confusion on what to do in specific parts of the song. This song is a fun, upbeat song that highlights how many people feel when they are tired and do not want to do anything. The fact that the song relates to the audience makes the song more interesting. I am super excited to film this music video!

A music genre is a conventional category that identifies some pieces of music as belonging to a shared tradition or set of conventions. Music can be divided into different genres in many different ways. The artistic nature of music means that these classifications are often subjective and controversial, and some genres may overlap. The camera angle we would use in the music video will be a high angle. The camera shots and movements would include pans, tilts, variants of medium to close up shots, wide shots, and long shots. The sound would be a score and sound bridge. The editing process would include fade in and out, insert, and cross cutting. 1. Costumes: Birthday suit but formal clothing. 2. Lightning: Dim, to set the mood of being lazy. 3. Actors: Everyone in our group (Anyeska, Jazmin, and Brit). 4. Makeup: None. 5. Props: Phone, gaming controller, TV remote, paper, and hair comb. 6. Setting: In a house.

No comments:

Post a Comment