Monday, November 25, 2019

Filming Blog For Music Video

    While filming on Saturday and Sunday I found out so much more I didn’t know before about cameras and filming. It only took us a few hours each day to get all the clips we needed. In class we all decided that this Saturday and Sunday would be our filming days. Anyeska took the camera, SIM card, and tripod because we were going to be filming in her house. After this, we packed up and brought ourselves and the clothes we needed to change into for the music video. Anyeska bought confetti, some sunglasses, a birthday hat, and birthday suit/cape. Two of us wore sweatpants and hoodies. While the other 3 wore shirts and sweatpants. We all wore sunglasses. I learned that you could make the camera higher with the tripod and I didn’t know that before.
    Lesly was the first scene we did because he had to leave soon, so we decided to get his scenes out of the way. The first scene we did was Lesly is in his birthday suit and hat. In this scene he is strutting, drops a part of his suit and ends up covering the camera with the cape. The next scene we filmed was Anyeska’s while we waited for Britania because she still was not at her house. Anyeska’s scene was from a high angle. The scene went from her laying on the bed to a transition of the camera zooming into the phone. It’s took us a few tries to get this because I wasn’t y’all enough to get the angle we wanted and we kept laughing. After this though, we recorded our friend who volunteered to film with us Nick. His scene where he is playing video games. Brit finally showed up and we were able to film the dancing scenes. 
    At first my group wanted to film us dancing the same as Bruno Mars, but I thought we should make up our own dance instead of copying. I came up with the dance moves, which was pointing at the floor, ourselves, shaking our hands over each other, and then shrugging. It went along with the lyrics. Then we did the scene where Bruno Mars says “No no no no no no no no no nooo”. Anyeska printed out “No’s” and we got in a line and showed it for each one. Lesly had to leave, so we proceeded to do my part and Britania’s. In my scene I get a phone call, but don’t pick up. Then I had show the audience all the missed calls I have on my phone. For this Lesly and Britania kept calling my phone and I didn’t answer, so that way it appeared on my screen. I also had to film in the same setting, but this time I was kicking off my shoes and laying back. Anyeska also has a scene in the same setting as her previous one where she throws the blanket over her head. Although, Britania’s scene was by far the easiest because we just filmed her thinking about combing her hair, but then she doesn’t. This was all the filming we did Saturday. Sunday we only had two scenes left, which were very easy. We cut out two scenes we didn’t need. Our last two scenes was throwing the confetti, dancing, and then I walked up to the camera and covered it. This took us one try, which was amazing and that’s it. After all this, we were finally done.

No comments:

Post a Comment